Teach about ecosystems, food chains, and the circle of life to help your students discover their passions for the animal kingdom. Inspire children with the complex relationships amongst all living things, including how food chains, food webs, carnivores, herbivores, predators and prey all interact in the environment. Give your class the tools to lead connected and eco-friendly lives! With this Punk Rock Preschool™ Food Chain Unit Plan your students will have the resources and mindsets to make the world a cleaner, happier, and safer place!
Each week’s plan includes:
- “Words of the Day” –high-level vocabulary words and their definitions for each day
Scripted Hooks with a captivating video or resource to capture the class’ attention and imagination for each day’s lesson.
- “Questions of the Day” – open-ended questions related to the weekly theme. Includes many suggested answers but please add to the list! They are just guides to get your imagination in high gear!
- “Socratic Questions” – Use these follow-up and leading questions to help your students answer even the most advanced “Questions of the Day.” Help your class remember, understand, and apply their knowledge and experiences to the topic at hand. Also, by asking these questions, you can model the thought process of a critical thinker and help students see what questions they should be asking themselves.
- Job Poster – Each week’s theme includes a job poster related to the theme (e.g. Dinosaurs- Paleontologist). If your student’s find a passion, help them understand there is a way to make that their career!
- A Common Core Kindergarten-aligned standards checklist so you can keep your lessons focused on ideas and passions and not be bogged down in never-ending benchmarks.
- Additional Resources – At the end of each unit you will find two writing assignments related to the theme, vocabulary flash cards, & five theme related craft ideas.