Healthy Kids Curriculum – 8 Weeks of Lesson Plans
The Healthy Kids Curriculum includes 200 pages of lessons, video resources, craft ideas, hooks, questions, answers, and more. In this unit, we focus on the habits and mindsets that lead to health and success. Most of these topics will never be included in a traditional curriculum — but they are some of the most important life skills a person can possess!
Each week’s plan includes:
- “Words of the Day” –high-level vocabulary words and their definitions for each day
- Scripted Hooks with a captivating video or resource to capture the class’ attention and imagination for each day’s lesson.
- “Questions of the Day” – open-ended questions related to the weekly theme. Includes many suggested answers but please add to the list! They are just guides to get your imagination in high gear!
- “Socratic Questions” – Use these follow-up and leading questions to help your students answer even the most advanced “Questions of the Day.” Help your class remember, understand, and apply their knowledge and experiences to the topic at hand. Also, by asking these questions, you can model the thought process of a critical thinker and help students see what questions they should be asking themselves.
- Job Poster – Each week’s theme includes a job poster related to the theme (e.g. Dinosaurs- Paleontologist). If your student’s find a passion, help them understand there is a way to make that their career!
- A Common Core Kindergarten-aligned standards checklist so you can keep your lessons focused on ideas and passions and not be bogged down in never-ending benchmarks.
- Additional Resources – At the end of each unit you will find two writing assignments related to the theme, vocabulary flash cards, & five theme related craft ideas.
Included are the important and unique health topics above: Nutrition & Healthy Food, Meditation & Mindfulness, Hygiene & Healthy Habits, Exercise & Sports, Yoga & Flexibility, Intro to Health: Body Parts, Five Senses, and Biology & the Human Body. The topics and themes in the Punk Rock Preschool™ Healthy Kids Curriculum can be used in classrooms from pre-k to middle school. Mindfulness, Nutrition, Hygiene, Exercise — no matter the age, these are life skills that should be taught & nurtured!