Nutrition & Healthy Food
The Punk Rock Preschool™ Nutrition and Healthy Food unit plan is designed to teach kids nutrition, hydration, vitamins, and keeping a healthy diet! Give your class the tools to lead happy & healthy lives! It’s amazing when your students can tell the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods, but be careful! Once kids learn about healthy food, they tend to take it very seriously (so keep the candy hidden)! Learn everything about nutrition, hydration, vitamins, and keeping a healthy diet! Give your class the tools to lead happy & healthy lives! With the Punk Rock Preschool™ Healthy Kids Curriculum you will have the resources and mindsets to practice great hygiene, eat healthy foods, exercise daily, meditate, and much more!
Each week’s plan includes:
- “Words of the Day” –high-level vocabulary words and their definitions for each day
- Scripted Hooks with a captivating video or resource to capture the class’ attention and imagination for each day’s lesson.
- “Questions of the Day” – open-ended questions related to the weekly theme. Includes many suggested answers but please add to the list! They are just guides to get your imagination in high gear!
- “Socratic Questions” – Use these follow-up and leading questions to help your students answer even the most advanced “Questions of the Day.” Help your class remember, understand, and apply their knowledge and experiences to the topic at hand. Also, by asking these questions, you can model the thought process of a critical thinker and help students see what questions they should be asking themselves.
- Job Poster – Each week’s theme includes a job poster related to the theme (e.g. Dinosaurs- Paleontologist). If your student’s find a passion, help them understand there is a way to make that their career!
- A Common Core Kindergarten-aligned standards checklist so you can keep your lessons focused on ideas and passions and not be bogged down in never-ending benchmarks.
- Additional Resources – At the end of each unit you will find two writing assignments related to the theme, vocabulary flash cards, & five theme related craft ideas.